All places in the category "Public Houses"

Former Lord Rodney's Head public house, 285 Whitechapel Road

Public house of c.1800, rebuilt c.1855, closed 2004

The Nag's Head, 17-19 Whitechapel Road

c1932, public house replacing a 17th-century or earlier coaching inn that had a galleried yard

Central House/The White Swan

pub with offices above, early 1980s, part of Central House

The Black Horse, 40 Leman Street

1879, public house, site of an inn and public house of this name since the late 17th century

The Brown Bear, 139 Leman Street

1838, public house built for Joseph Tickell, extended to rear in 1850 for John A. Furze, interior refitted in 1927

Princess Of Prussia, 15 Prescot Street

1913, Trumans pub

12-14 Vallance Road

1879-80, pair of shophouses formerly including the Shakespeare beer house

The Artful Dodger (formerly the Crown and Seven Stars)

1825–6, public house, altered 1881 and 1888, renamed 1985

Sir Sidney Smith public house, 22 Dock Street

1936, public house built for Truman Hanbury Buxton Ltd

Former Grave Maurice public house, 269 Whitechapel Road

1873-4, public house, closed 2010 and converted to shops and flats by 2014

113 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, on site of Cherry Tree public house

The Buxton (formerly the Archers) public house, 42 Osborn Street

1903, public house

29 Scarborough Street

formerly the Scarborough Arms public house of c.1850, converted to flats in 2011

Former London Hospital Tavern

1875–6 public house, replacing a predecessor of 1753, formerly the London Hospital Tavern

61 Royal Mint Street (formerly the City of Carlisle public house)

1881 as the Blue Peter public house, previously and subsequently the City of Carlisle, now flats over a cocktail bar

The Good Samaritan Public House

1937–8, neo-Georgian public house designed by Arthur Sewell, chief architect for Truman, Hanbury, Buxton & Co.

81 New Road

1887, formerly the Duke of Gloucester public house

13 Vallance Road

1873-4 as the Weavers Arms public house, converted to shops and tenements in 1911

10 Cable Street

Built 1899-1900 as the Horns and Horseshoe public house

111 Back Church Lane

1993-6 Postmodern terraced house in red and stock brick, on site of Cherry Tree public house

34 Settles Street

1885 as the Bricklayers' Arms public house, later a shop, raised and converted in 2016 as flats

The Bar Locks (formerly the Horse and Groom)

public house, built 1902, painted stock brick

21 Whitechapel Road

early 19th century shophouse, much altered, on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

23 Whitechapel Road

early 19th-century shophouse on the site of the Green Dragon Inn

233 Whitechapel Road with 1 Court Street

1854 as a rebuilding of the Star and Garter public house, now shop and dwellings

199 Whitechapel Road (former Black Bull public house)

A 19th-century building, refronted as a public house in 1925–7 in 'Brewers' Tudor' style, now a Bangladeshi restaurant

Former Ye Olde Angel pub, 85 Whitechapel High Street

1900 former Ye Olde Angel public house, now shop with guesthouse and offices above

Zam Zam Gift Shop (formerly the Lord Napier public house), 235 Whitechapel Road

1909, public house, S. A. S. Yeo, architect, converted to shop use in the 1930s

299 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Lord Nelson public house)

1876 rebuilding of a public house with 17th-century origins, renamed by the boxer Daniel Mendoza when he was the landlord, closed about 1903

217 Whitechapel Road (formerly the Old Red Lion public house)

part of a building of 1846–7, a public house up to 1991

Former Queen's Head public house, 317 Whitechapel Road

1904, public house of c.1700 origins, with a back range of 1886, closed 1950 and since converted to shop and offices

The Culpeper, 40-42 Commercial Street

1883 pub, the Princess Alice, reduced from 5 to 3 storeys after war damage. Later renamed City Darts. Since 2014 the Culpeper gastropub

35 St Mark Street

c.1850, formerly the Scarborough Arms public house, converted to flats in 2011

The Blind Beggar public house

1894, public house

Bar Indo (formerly the Blue Anchor Public House), 133 Whitechapel Road

1854 as the Blue Anchor Public House

White Hart, 89 Whitechapel High Street

public house known from the 1720s, 1830s frontage, building largely rebuilt and refitted in the 1920s and 1930s

The Castle, 44 Commercial Road

1871-3 public house, built by Thomas Ennor

Oceanair House, 133-7 Whitechapel High Street, London E1 7PT

1937 moderne shop and office building, previously known as Cardigan House, upper parts latterly used by London Metropolitan University

Frazer House

warehouse-office block, 1970 for Robert Frazer, ground-floor pub and club use since 1997

The Bell, 50 Middlesex Street

Queen Anne-style corner public house with residential over, rebuilt 1883, in red and stock brick with rubbed-brick decoration

The Oliver Conquest, 70 Leman Street

Public house established 1830 as the Garrick Tavern in a former mansion with the Garrick Theatre added to the rear, all rebuilt 1852–6

Wilton's Music Hall

Public house with 18th-century origins, rebuilt in 1845-6, music hall added to rear in 1858-9, rebuilt in 1877 and refurbished since 1979

The White Swan

early nineteenth-century pub, reconstructed in 1988

The Curve, 14 Fieldgate Street

2010-12, student housing with a supermarket

36-38 Dock Street

c.2000, part of Vodafone datacentre, on the site of the Hearts of Oak public house

Haji Nanna Biryani, 14 Whitechapel Road

Built 1881-2 as the George public house, shopfront of 1934

Former Royal Oak public house

1873, public house, now shop, restaurant and flats

Former Wilcox's New Music Hall and Vine Court synagogue

Music hall of 1869-71 converted to synagogue in 1892 and to clothing factory c.1980, largely rebuilt c.2005

The Dispensary

1858–9, converted 1997–8

Londinium Tower, 87 Mansell Street

1998–2001, flats with public house, developed as Prospect Tower by Berkeley Homes

Tayyabs (former Queen's Head public house), 83 Fieldgate Street

public house of 1885-6, now part of Tayyabs restaurant