133 New Road

shophouse of 1825–7

133 New Road
Contributed by Survey of London on May 9, 2018

No. 133 New Road appears to have been built in 1825–7, possibly for John Jones, seemingly a dairyman, going up at the same time as 138–146 Whitechapel Road, with which its facade was later unified with embellishments that were lost in the 1980s. 1

  1. London Metropolitan Archives, Tower Hamlets Commissioner of Sewers ratebooks: Historic England Archives, DD000633